Yesterday we had a long day of playing outside; running through sprinklers and swimming in the pool to beat the excruciating heat. After bath time, Chloe sat on the couch in her diaper, sucking her thumb next to me. I cuddled her closer, taking in the scent of chlorine and soap that lingered on her baby fine hair.
As I looked down at her sweetly, I thought, “she could be a model.”
Mom thinks daughter is beautiful. So what? Something in my gut warned that this thought came from a seedy place.
I listened as the inner dialogue continued.
“Those lips, that skin, those eyes. She is gorgeous.”
“It’s good that she hasn’t lengthened out to the full toddler look yet. And with that bald head…”
(in unison) “…she could totally win younger roles.”
Screw the law, screw writing, that conversation makes me think I’ve got what it takes to
exploit manage the natural talents of my baby girl!
To prove it, check out my most recent to-do list:
1. Change her name to Khloe just so I can say, “yes, that’s Chloe with a K. She’s an aspiring Kardashian!!”
2. While dancing to her favorite song, remind her to “make eye contact with the judges, um, grandma.”
3. Admit she already thinks this is a real lullaby: “Twinkle twinkle you’re a star, how I wonder what new car, I will buy with all the dough, we rake in from your one-baby show.”
4. Express my outrage over the gap between Toddlers and Tiaras and 16 & Pregnant. What’s she supposed to do between the pageants and teen pregnancy?
5. Start calling now to secure sponsors for her 2nd birthday party. #1 on the list?
Elmo Neil Lane (after five shameless seasons of the Bachelor, he has to be close to this right?).
6. To ensure #5 happens, work on a pitch for “My Super Sweet Second Birthday” featuring the big reveal of her final gift: a mini motorized Mercedes.
7. Replace the milk in her bottles with Red Bull so she can power through the long and grueling audition days.
8. On my speed dial: the entire TMZ directory.
9. Pad her diapers in the back.
Rejoice at my baby’s baldness because it means she could book jobs for infants. √
Oh, and how about the photos that followed?
I know I have some big Louboutins to fill (*cough* Kris Jenner), but do you think I have what it takes to be a star mom-ager??